I began the sweet and spicy jerky weighing at 220 pounds, and have lost 70 pounds on it over an 18 month period. I needed no surgery, no pills, no special diet food.
But as funny mainly because it sounds, the beef jerky diet is less with regards to beef jerky, and much more to accomplish about managing your appetite and exercising.
What’s interesting about beef jerky…
1. It’s very low in fat. Beef jerky needs to be really low in order to prevent it from spoiling. A standard package of jerky (about 4 ounces) has about 4gm of fat.
2. It’s very low in carbs. Beef jerky would have about carbs, or else to the small quantities of sugar that manufacturers dedicated to the flavoring. A 4 ounce bag of jerky will routinely have about 10-20gm of carbs.
3. It’s full of protein. Protein is area of the magic that causes your body to boost its metabolism. Lean protein is way better, which beef jerky is. It’s takes more work for our bodies to burn this kind of energy, therefore it enhances the metabolism to make this happen.
The greatest negatives with beef jerky dieting…
1. Sodium. A typical 4 ounce bag of jerky can have about 1600-2000mg of sodium. That’s pretty much the limit of the items a wholesome diet ought to have. Should you eat 2 or 3 bags of jerky, then you’re really pushing it. To counter this, drink a lot of water, and sweat through exercise.
2. Low nutrients. Jerky is reduced in potassium and magnesium, two minerals which are very vital to bodily functions, healthy cells, metabolism, and creating energy. It’s reduced in a number of other vitamins and minerals.
3. Artificial preservatives. Namely Sodium Nitrite. Sodium Nitrite is associated with colon cancer and lung disease. It’s probably just great if eating in a small amount. But when you’re eating 2 or 3 bags of jerky each day, then you’re subjecting yourself to danger. To counter this, seek out preservative-free jerky. There’s a lot of it there, here’s a web link.
4. Fiber. That may be, beef contains no fiber. You’ll likely become constipated. Take fiber supplements, or even a probiotic drink daily.
My Beef Jerky Diet Plan
1. I spend four days weekly about the garlic beef jerky. The other three days I eat normal meals. In those normal meals, I try eating foods lower in fat, however, not necessarily reduced in carbs. I also try to eat in modest amounts.
2. On beef jerky diet days, I’ll eat about 8-12 ounces of beef jerky every day. But I’ll spread it 24 / 7. I’ll start out with about 2-4 ounces each day, only to kick start your metabolism. I’ll eat 2-4 more ounces inside the afternoon, and the other 2-4 more ounces at nighttime. That actually works to about 750-1000 calories total in beef jerky.
3. Supplment your nutrients. I would suggest drinking 2-4 cans of vegetable juice (low sodium V8 is exactly what I drink), specifically for the potassium. Should you don’t much like the taste of vegetable juice, find other foods to improve your potassium, like bananas, avocados, tomatoes, potatoes. Choose high potassium foods which are less fat. Utilize the USDA Nutrient Database to learn which foods are everywhere in potassium. You can’t count on nutritional supplement pills to increase your potassium, because no one makes a potassium supplement exceeding 2% of your RDA. But do take a supplement pill for all of the other minerals and vitamins.
4. Fiber supplements. Jerky is incredibly lower in fiber, and you’ll soon discover constipation. Take some kind of fiber supplement. I depend upon drinking kefir, a form of drinkable yogurt that’s quite high in probiotics, to assist regulate the digestive process. Also you can take Dannon Activia which can be comparable. Or, whatever that can be done to include bulk, and maintain regularity.
4. Drink a lot of water. Beef jerky contains a lot of sodium. Do drink a good amount of fluids to assist flush that sodium out. I’ll drink several small bottles of water between the V8 daily, or diet soda.
5. Exercise. You didn’t think you could potentially lose weight without exercising did you? I began by walking about 1 mile each day, about 3 to 4 days weekly. I’ve sinced 56devypky that to 2 miles, now I jog for approximately 1 mile and walk 1 mile, daily. In addition, i do sit-ups and push-ups, and several light weight lifting using hand-weights, all of it in the home. This keeps the metabolism high, and of course burns calories.
6. Eat plenty of vegetables on non-beef jerky days. I try eating salads for the vitamins and fiber, and then try to go easy around the salad dressing. I love to put salsa on my own salad, mainly because it supplies the salt that salad dressings have, but doesn’t possess the fat.
7. Don’t become bored! That’s my biggest culprit in weight gain. As I become bored, I usually eat. Therefore I seek out strategies to keep myself busy. Either take a walk outside, mow the lawn, pull some weeds, ride my motorcycle around, even go on a nap.
8. Keep a calendar above your weight scale, and employ it log your weight. Get yourself a calendar big enough to create your weight on on a daily basis. Should you don’t see any weight loss, then this works as a red-flag that you’re not doing enough.
9. Write a blog, such as this one. All it requires is some loyal readers to cheer yourself on, which will put pressure to you to help keep going, and remain true to yourself.
Basically that there’s no magic about bbq beef jerky. The beef jerky diet is really forget about distinct from any other diet. It’s simply depends on you being disciplined enough to stay with it, and also to exercise daily.
I can’t stress enough the importance of exercise. I usually think that my weight loss had more to do with daily exercise, than it did about my dietary intake.